- ABOUT THE ARTIST
- ARTIST'S WORK
Between 1974 and 1976, Sculptor Ashot Baghdasaryan studied at the Yerevan Institute of Fine Arts and Theatre, and then he continued his education at the Faculty of Sculpture of Leningrad Ilya Repin Academy of Fine Arts.
Between 1985 and 1994, he taught at the Yerevan Academy of Fine Arts. In 1983, he became a member of the Artists’ Union of Armenia. In 1995 – he became a member of the International Association of Artists (UNESCO), and in 2008, he became a member of the Union of Sculptors of Hungary and the Union of Creative Artists of Hungary.
The Sculptor has had numerous group and individual exhibitions worldwide – France, Germany, Hungary, the USA, Russia, Armenia, Artsakh, etc.
- In 1992, he received the gold medal of the 10th international sculpture biennale dedicated to Dante’s “Divine Comedy”, Ravenna, Italy.
- In 1996, he received the medal of the Pope of Rome, H.H. John Paul II, the gold medal of the 12th international sculpture biennale dedicated to Dante’s Divine Comedy, Ravenna, Italy.
- In 1998, he was awarded the medal of The Best Participation of the 13th international sculpture biennale dedicated to Dante’s Divine Comedy, Ravenna, Italy.
- In 2001, he received the award for “The Best Sculpture”, Armenia, Artists’ Union.
- In 2010, the award for “The Best Sculpture ” at the World Congress of Armenians.
- In 2018, “The Man of the year” of the Armenian-Russian Slavonic University, Yerevan, Armenia.
- In 2022, the “Vahan Tekeyan” award, Armenia, Tekeyan Cultural Association, Yerevan, Armenia.
The works installed in public places
- 1985 – “People’s Artist’s G.L. Manvelyan’s portrait”, Artashat A. Kharazyan Theatre, bronze.
- 1986 – “Offspring”, Yerevan Botanical Garden.
- 1999 – 9 portraits of the founders of Yerevan State Medical University on the University premises.
- 2003 – “Sculptor Sargis Baghdasaryan’s memorial plaque.”.
- 2005 – “Doctor S.L.Yolyan”, Yerevan Cardiology Hospital.
- 2019 – Karabakh People, bas-relief, Cleveland, the USA.
- 2019 – Monument to Martyrs of Arad, Veszprem, Hungary.
Works in state (national) collections
- National Gallery of Armenia, Yerevan, Armenia.
- Tretyakov State Gallery, Moscow, Russia.
- Fine Art Academy of Russia, Moscow, Russia.
- Collection of the Ministry of Culture of Armenia, Yerevan, Armenia.
- Collection of the Ministry of Culture of Russia, Moscow, Russia.
- Dante Centre, Ravenna, Italy.
The Sculptor’s works are kept in private collections all over the world.